In the vocabulary section you will find both online and printable resources.
They are organised by topic into 36 thematic units, and by type into two categories (online resources and printable resources).
Each group is divided into smaller areas, that have their own guide pages as well as resource indexes.
- topic-based units »
- There are 36 thematic units reflecting kids' interests. Each unit introduces ten new words. They reappear both in the activities to play online and in the worksheets to download and print.
- online activities »
- There are over 200 vocabulary games that can be done in class to learn, practise and revise basic English vocabulary.
- printable resources »
- Our worksheets complete the online units and are designed for learning vocabulary presented on this website. However, you can use them in any way you like.
Our vocabulary section is a large area to explore, filled with hundreds of learning and teaching resources.
Finding specific materials can sometimes be difficult.
The following pages can be helpful if you don't know where to start, or just can't find the resources that you are looking for.
- overview »
- Useful information about the structure and content of the section.
- contents »
- Here you can browse all the vocabulary resources listed alphabetically by category, topic and type.
- wordlist »
- Here you will find a list of 360 English words that appear in the vocabulary section.
- flash games »
- If you are having trouble playing Flash games on this website, visit this site.
- pdf files »
- If you are having trouble viewing PDF files on this website, visit this site.
There are several different ways you can navigate this section and find the information you are looking for.
Here are a few tips to make your way easily.
- The top menu bar
- The left side provides links to the main areas of the current section. The first link is highlighted in red to show which section of the website you are in.
- On the right side there is a link to the main page of this website represented by our logo.
- The bottom menu bar
- There are two parts of this menu: a section menu and a website menu.
- The section menu links to other pages within the vocabulary section. The tables provide links to 36 topic-based units.
- The website menu refers to the main sections with learning and teaching resources as well as to our support and info pages, and social services. Links placed in this menu remain the same throughout the website.
- The top menu bar
- On tablets and mobile devices, you need to click the hamburger icon to open the top menu bar.
- There is also an arrow icon on the left to quickly jump to the top of the current page.